Thursday, October 14, 2010

Where's the Mittens?

It's that time of year again. We had to dig for mittens.



On go the winter coats, the heavy boots, and the toques. Squeeze little Maxwell into his fluffy suit. It's like putting spagetti in a pipe! Add about half an hour to our getting out the door time. Oh yes, and don't forget the mittens. If you can find two that match.

*          *          *

I'm attempting to knit a toque for Maxwell, but I think it may end up fitting Claire. Apparently I have a little work to do on my gauging skills. I don't really know how to knit. I just generally decide I want to make something and figure out how to do it as I go. Kind of like my sewing. And my renovating. And my mothering!


It's a simple little hat with a roll up brim. Whoever it fits, this color will look great with his or her sea-blue eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we'll be wearing ours next week. We did a clean out earlier this month to find out what still fit and what was needed. I have some hats to knit. My 5 year old has some very specific requests of me this year.
    I can totally relate to the figuring out as you go mentality! The best thing about knitting for kids is that they can grow into to or you can give it to someone else smaller! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails