Sunday, October 3, 2010

Love the Place You Live: Shubenacadie Wildlife Park

We're on Potato Break here in Carleton County, New Brunswick. The old tuber is the staple and bread and butter in our town, as hometown to the McCain Foods empire. So to facilitate the farming families and harvest workers our school district begins school a couple weeks early, and in late September we have two weeks off for the potato harvest.

On our break, we've visited Troy's family in Nova Scotia, celebrated birthdays, and attended the most beautiful wedding. My university friend, and Claire's godmother, was a gorgeous bride with the most perfectly planned, enjoyable event of the year. Can you tell I was impressed? Max attended the second wedding of his little life, and I threw on my heels and felt like I don't usually spend my time in pj bottoms.

While in Nova Scotia, we packed up and went to one of our favorite haunts, the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park. My hubby and mother-in-law both grew up with regular visits to the park throughout their childhoods, visiting with our family feels like being a part of something bigger than us. It was a perfect fall day, cool and crisp and sunny. We walked the familiar loop and enjoyed watching Claire as she took it all in as though it were her first visit, although she's been there before, watched Thane enjoying reading the animal signage for the first time himself, so proud as Seth listened to him attentively. Amazing what a difference a year can make. We even found a playground that for all my visits there, I never knew existed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails