Sunday, October 23, 2011


We had a problem.

Actually, Blankie had three problems.

Blankie was falling apart. 

Blankie, who has played the supporting role to Claire's lead in life, the other family member throughout our photo albums over the years, the superstar of bedtime, was in need of our help.

Or we would have a very sad girl.   

I had made blankie way back when Claire was born. Now, at the ripe old age of three, a much more faded and soft, well-loved blankie needed a facelift. So Claire and I made a plan.

Armed with a few scrap fabrics and a couple of Claire's cute old shirts that I had saved for just such an occasion, we went to work.

Now blankie sports three beautiful new patches and Claire couldn't be more pleased!


  1. I recognize the room where Bunkie was was where Mida was measured and taped for a prom dress..:)

  2. What a lovely mending job! (I'm doing the same with the sofa I rescued from the roadside...)...Doing great, Mumma. yo

  3. Oh I love this! Great idea to save favorite shirt with cute details for mending!


Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails