Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kid Quotables

I love driving with my kids in tow. It's when I hear the really good stuff.

On the way home the other night, Thane emerged from gazing out the window, breaking the silence with this thought.
"Can you imagine what it was like before you learned how to read?

It's like as soon as you know how to read the way you knew things before just vaporizes. You don't even remember what it was like to not be able to read. 

Like, if Seth and I switched bodies I would be in kindergarten but I would still know how to read." 
At one point the thought of my kids growing older made me really sad. I thought it would be so awful and hard for me to lose my sweet, cute, snuggly little chubby cherubs.

But my big kid is so interesting. He has thoughts, quirks, and opinions. I love listening to him.

I am really liking this new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails