Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's all okay.

I'm trying not to worry.

My mother often passed on the mantra of her godmother, "There's no use worrying."

Really. There is no use for it.

Thinking, discussing, identifying, brainstorming, researching, banding together... breathing deeply, those are all useful ways to address a problem. Worrying just stresses you out and shortens your lifespan.

My brain is hosting a tired (so therefore exagerated) worried riot though, over global disaster and dispair, national political unrest, house reno work and the ever growing list, my incapabilities as a housekeeper, and my mister Max's health. And his sleep. And my sleep.

My own mantra? Lack of sleep causes a skewed perspective. Surely we're not really doomed as a planet, country, or family. Surely I'm not horribly deeply flawed as a person.

In the middle of it all, I have this.
   


They make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails