Saturday, November 20, 2010

A few of my favorite things.

We read one of my favorite books last night, I Love You the Purplest.


The boys like this book, but it's really a book for mamas.


The mama in the book has two boys, very different from each other.
"Max exploded from the cabin, twirling the shovel in front of him. Mama came next, and then Julian. Julian shut the cabin door tightly to keep it safe from burglers and bears."
This is my favorite part, illustrating their differences, and that of my own two very different boys as well.

Seth, my carefree boy, is always puzzled as to why Julian needs to shut the cabin door tightly behind him, to which Thane, who understands such a concern perfectly, reliably replies, "Well of course he needs to keep their things safe Seth."

The mama in the book sees the good in all their different ways. At the end of the book this very smart mama doesn't love one boy more than the other. She loves one red, and she loves one blue. It's like comparing apples and oranges. But of course, together, they're purple, which is really the best.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful book. Isn't amazing that these little kiddos we have can be all so different.
    Hope you get out to yoga again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Leave a comment on my post; what it made you think of, what you agree with, and when you think I must be out to lunch. I love to know you're reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails